In January 2014, the Watford Health Campus team carried out a programme of engagement with the local community to bring them up to date on the scheme’s progress and to give them the opportunity to feedback on the emerging plans for the site. As well as a dedicated consultation website and a survey that was distributed to every household across Watford, three events were held to provide people with a face to face opportunity to meet the team and find out more about the Health Campus for themselves.
- 333 people attended the three public events
- 477 people completed a survey
- 79.4% of respondents were in favour of the Health Campus vision
- The three most popular aspects of the plans were:
- Opportunity for new hospital facilities (73.5%)
- A new road to the hospital site (62.8%)
- Improving and cleaning up the disused and contaminated land (46.3%)