Plans for first homes announced
Building homes that will provide the heart of the new community being created by the Health Campus is a top priority for the partnership. The construction of the first homes will start later this year. Before then, we would like your input on our emerging schemes.
The first new homes will be built to the south of Willow Lane. Our proposal for this area will provide:
- Approximately 90 new homes, in well-designed contemporary buildings within a woodland setting.
- One of the three proposed buildings will be designated for affordable housing
- Designated parking to accommodate new residents.
- A new children’s play area and landscape designed grounds.
We intend to submit a planning application for this site in Spring 2017. Please click here to see more about our plans and to have your say.
Further phases of new homes will follow in the area currently known as Riverside. The partnership will be rejuvenating this stretch of the River Colne as part of our plans for around 700 homes. The plans for the Riverside area will:
- Provide much needed new homes.
- Open-up access to the river bank and create riverside walks for all the community.
- Clean up extensive contamination.
- Enhance existing woodland.
- Rejuvenate the derelict stretch of River Colne.
- Create high quality public open and amenity spaces.
Design work on the Riverside will commence shortly, with community consultation on this part of the scheme likely to follow in Summer 2017.